Providing much needed commodities to hurricane victims

November 3, 2016

As+of+Thursday%2C+60+cases+had+been+donated.+

Savannah Harlow

As of Thursday, 60 cases had been donated.

Hurricane Matthew has caused chaos and loss in the lives of many people. The aftermath of the hurricane led to numerous damaged houses surrounded by dark flood waters and power outages.

Following this tragedy, God’s Pit Crew reached out to provide drinkable water and clean up materials for the victims of this tragedy. Deputy Silverman supported their actions and wanted to get THS involved again this year.

“Our goal is to help them [God’s Pit Crew] replenish some of their supplies,” Silverman said.

Fellowship of Christian Athletes and BETA club are sponsoring this drive.

“In the past, we have gotten about 100 to 120 cases of water,” he said.

The date to donate has been extended to Friday, November 4.

The cases of water and paper towels may be brought to senior hall. There is a sheet on the wall for BETA members to sign showing they donated.

The homeroom that turns in the most items will get a free pass for each person to a home athletic event. Also, there will be two surprise prizes given out if the drive is successful.

UPDATE: Over 4,300 items were donated in total over the two weeks.