Yearbook: learning about the people behind the pages

The yearbook staff puts their blood, sweat , and tears into every book they publish. Without the yearbook staff, some of the most memorable moments at THS would have never been captured. Anything involving the school, the yearbook staff is there to capture the moment. The yearbook is great, but it wouldn’t be possible without the people behind it.

Staff members have to go over every little detail to make sure every picture is high quality along with correct captions.

The yearbook adviser is Mrs. Kristen Williams, who keeps everyone in check and makes sure her staff gets the work done while having fun in the process.

The yearbook staff is filled with students from various grade and each one of them is always busy.  Creating the yearbook isn’t an easy task.

“Students have to work on the yearbook for months,” said Octavious Morton.

“Most of the students in yearbook are so busy,” added Shelby Cody.

Even if the students are overwhelmed with work from other classes, they try to find the time to work on their pages assigned to them.

Over 500 yearbooks are bought each year.  One of the most difficult decisions to make in yearbook class is the theme.

“We all make up our own theme and vote on which one is best,” explained Morton. Once the staff makes a choice, they come together and work hard to perfect the theme.

What is the most helpful thing, or person rather, in the yearbook class?

“Mrs. Williams! She has taught me so much,” answered Morton.

All the staff members love the activities they do in yearbook class such as interviewing students and taking pictures.

“Being a senior and helping younger staff members who need help- that is my favorite part,” said Cody.

The yearbook staff is made up of hardworking, passionate, and creative students. The yearbook itself is special, but the ones who put  in so much work truly deserve the recognition.