Senior+Zach+Mensavage+practicing+kicking+and+punting+

Amanda Field

Senior Zach Mensavage practicing kicking and punting

Trojan football kicks off a new season

As the school year starts back up, so does the famous Friday night lights for the boys in red and gray. Coach David Potts and the rest of the Varsity Trojans are excited to make a comeback after a disappointing season last year. With an ending record of 3-8, the Trojans hope for a dominating and triumphant return.

The team is consistently working on improving themselves individually and as a team.

“The team has a better quality of depth and a renewed work ethic,” says Coach Potts.

This year’s team also features four senior team captains including Clay Hardy, Tony Totten, Ryan Bartley, and Grayson Hardy.

Clay Hardy explains how he would like to see the team make a playoff run, along with some personal goals like breaking the single season rushing yards record.

This season’s roster for varsity has a variety of grade levels on the team. Along with a new kicker and punter, senior Zach Mensavage, who also plays for the soccer team.

The Trojans also show how dedication, whether it is on or off the field, are a major key to a successful season.

Junior Ethan Broyles makes sure to always put effort into both school and football and looks forward to his third year on varsity.

“It’s a great feeling to be a football player because of the pride and hard work you go through to make it to Friday night,” said Broyles.

The team is also welcoming back sophomore Dylan Burnett as starting quarterback.

Burnett is most looking forward to “being able to move the ball around on offense and getting better all around.”

The Varsity Trojans will be showcasing all of their improvements on Friday, August 31 at 7 p.m. in their home season opener against the Gretna Hawks. The JV Trojans will be kicking off on Thursday, August 29 at 6 p.m. away at Gretna.

Trojan Messenger • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to Trojan Messenger
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All Trojan Messenger Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *