Shante Thorton

Trojans comeback against Wildcats

On Friday, Sept. 7 the lights shined through for the Trojans as they defeated the Dan River Wildcats with a finishing score of 20-6. The crowd, full of camouflage spirited students, was roaring with pride for their team. This now leaves the Trojans with a 1-1 record. The team showed strong play on both sides of the ball.

The Trojans defense was exceptionally strong, with the Wildcats unable to make it to the endzone. Senior Tony Totten showed dominance with a total of 11 tackles throughout the game. Totten also shared 6 sacks with seniors Ryan Bartley and Michael Thomas.

The Trojans obtained three touchdowns in three separate categories. Behind by six, sophomore Dylan Burnett threw a 84-yard touchdown received by senior Marquise Wimbush which contributed to Wimbush becoming player of the game, along with a fumble recovery.

“I think my touchdown brought more fight and passion back into the team,” said Wimbush.

In the third quarter, sophomore Colin Moore blocked a field goal attempt which led senior Grayson Hardy to run it back for a 99-yard touchdown. Leaving the score at 13-6 due to senior Zach Mensavage missing the extra point.

The last touchdown was a team effort and lead by Clay Hardy. The offensive line was there to push the defenders out of the way to run it to the endzone.

To end the game, the Trojans defense showed all of their improvements by stopping the Wildcats at the two yard line for all four down, finalizing the score at 20-6.

The Trojans will be traveling to Chatham on Friday, Sept. 14 weather permitting.

Trojan Messenger • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to Trojan Messenger
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All Trojan Messenger Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *