Types of couples in the halls

Daniella Espinoza

Two students holding each others hand in an empty school hallway.

In today’s day and age there are many different ways to get into a relationship, there are also many different types of relationships. Ranging from the classic lovebirds to the couples that are on and off every other day. You may love or hate them, but let’s face it, we can’t get rid of them. These are the six main types of high school couples. 

1.The “On and Off” Couple

This couple is known for being together one week and not the next. They tend to post “heartbroken” or “single” on their snapchat stories after every little disagreement. The couple that keeps everyone on the edge of their seats. Are they together? Did they get back together? We don’t know and they surely don’t.

1. The Forever Couple 

This couple has been together since freshman year if not middle school. They’ve been together for so long it’s weird whenever they are apart. They have been together for such a long time that it seems like they are already married.

3.The Dream Couple

This couple consists of the hottest two kids at school (you know who they are). They are both absolutely gorgeous. No one knows what really goes on in their relationship they only post each other when hanging out. They’re not annoying or anything, but their relationship may seem fake at times.

1. The PDA Couple

The couple that just can’t keep their hands off each other, ever. You can often find them at their shared locker displaying way too much affection. Also, we can’t forget how they kiss goodbye before going into opposite directions…even if they will see each other in 90 minutes.

1. The “Just Friends” Couple

This the couple that everyone wants to be together. They claim to be “just friends,” but everyone knows they belong together. Their chemistry is extremely obvious, even they recognize it. Do they not want to mess up their friendship? Or are they just not the relationship type?

Last but not least…

1. The Age Gap couple

Not to step on anyone’s toes, but this couple consists of a freshman and a senior (freshman and juniors you’re cutting it close). This couple not only comes with a big height difference, but a big age difference as well. Of course outside of high school it’s not as weird to date someone older than you, but in highschool when the girl is 14 and the guy is 17 going on 18, it’s basically not allowed.