Triplets take over college together

While roaming the halls at THS, it may be easy to spot the Hearp Triplets who look similar, but who all have very different personalities. Charles, Nickolas, and Sophie Hearp are seniors with a very similar, unique future. They all are part of the THS track and field and cross country teams and have been very successful during their time on the teams. 

This set of triplets, who have all grown up together and have stayed together throughout all of their years in school, are about to head into a new chapter in their lives together: college.

On Feb. 4, 2022, all three Triplets received their acceptance letters to the University of Virginia. This was a shock to them that they all had been accepted into the same university.

“I was surprised and extremely excited,” Nickolas said.

Both Charles and Sophie Hearp plan to attend the nursing program this coming fall. This means that they will likely be taking some of the same classes. Charles has a desire to focus more on being a Nurse Practitioner; while Sophie is not sure what field of nursing she wants to pursue. 

Nickolas wants to major in Engineering at the School of Engineering and plans on starting off in more general engineering. During his sophomore year of college, he wants to go into more computer engineering classes or computer science. 

They all three have very similar views for next year in college and are all ready to begin on the steps toward their future careers.

“I’m mostly excited because it is going to be a new experience,” Sophie said.

“It’s going to be exciting because I’m ready for a new experience and more free time,” Charles said.

Charles and Nickolas are planning to room together on campus this coming fall semester. Even though all three of them are going to UVA, they still will not be able to spend as much time together as they did in high school. 

“I think I will miss the activities we do together after school like cross country and Beta Club meetings. I think in college we will branch off,” Nickolas said.

Charles, Nick, and Sophie were all very involved in cross country and track and field, but only one of them will continue to be involved school wide with running. Nickolas plans on joining UVA’s running club, which is not competitive. 

Charles wishes to work out more than he will run beginning his freshman year of college. Sophie plans on continuing to run in her free time throughout her years of college because of the joy that it brings to her.

“I love the feeling I get after and during a run. It makes me feel like I’m on top of the world and I could do it forever,” Sophie said. 

In their free time they focus a lot of their time on running and training for their upcoming meets. Outside of running, Nickolas enjoys playing chess and he attends many chess club meetings.

Even though they are extremely excited, there are going to be aspects of Tunstall and Danville, Va that they will miss.

“I will miss cross country, track, and the people I get to run with,” Sophie said.

“I will miss some of my teachers and competing in all of my sports,” Charles said.

“I will miss living at home and my mom’s food. Also, I will miss seeing my old high school friends,” Nikolas said.

The Hearp triplet’s journey together is not over just yet as they make their way to the University of Virginia in the fall.