Prom: Worth It

Elizabeth Lee, Social Media Manager

Prom is the one night of the year that most junior and senior students (mostly girls) look forward to the most. Everyone gets their beautiful dresses or tuxedos and attempts to have the best night of their life. 

Every year prom is always what everyone is always talking about. For the past two months, the hot topic of conversation has been prom. Senior prom has always been what I look forward to for my whole school career. I grew up seeing older kids look so gorgeous at prom with their dates and friends. It made me realize that I have to live that same life when I become a senior. So, here I am going to prom with my best friends. 

The worst part of the whole experience is the spending of money, whether it be mine or my parents, it is very expensive. For girls we have to buy a dress, shoes, get our hair and nails done, have jewelry, maybe get a tan and look like a 10. For boys, they have to buy a suit or tux, have nice shoes, and get their hair done. It is a long process for both boys and girls.

At the time of writing this, the prom is tomorrow, and everyone at school is super stressed, but also very excited. Prom should be the one time of the year that everyone should feel included and special because it is supposed to be a special night. Many people’s prom day starts at 10 in the morning while others will not start getting ready until 1 or so. 

This is my second prom I have been to while attending THS, and they ARE worth it. All the staff are very supportive of students and their outfits no matter how it looks. They help girls with their dresses and guys with their ties. Prom is the night that you can see the genuine love the teachers have for students. 

The key to killing it at prom is to be confident and proud of yourself and your outfit. You do not need a date to make the night. Going with friends is just as fun, if not more. Prom is all about spending time with your friends and fellow students before you graduate and never see some of them again.

So what you should take from this is, take the risk on prom. It does not have to be expensive unless you make it. Have fun, and enjoy high school while you can.