Wrapping up fall sports

Cross-country 

The cross-country team ended their season finishing at third overall at the Piedmont District Championships. Azael Quintero described the season from his point of view as disappointing. He said this because he had higher goals for the team than they were able to achieve. He considered his individual season “decent,” and he finished with his run time right around twenty minutes. 

Abby Eades finished in 32nd place with a time of 24:49:41, which was the best time for the Lady Trojans. Behind her was Madison Walton and Kira Thomas rounding out the top three. For the guys, Jackson Snow came in 40th place with a time of 19:30:47, which was the best time for the Trojans. The Trojans are staying positive as the start date for the next season steadily approaches. 

Football

The Trojans finished their season with a 0-10 record. Although the losses kept piling up, the players never stopped playing with passion and hope. Bricen Poole, the team MVP, as well as First Team All-Piedmont District selection, first team All-River District selection, and second team All-Region selection, was a major force for the Trojans offense, accumulating over 1,300 yards. 

Despite the lack of wins on the season, some lasting memories were still made. One thing Poole will miss from this season is “Coach Huffman yelling at everyone.” As the seniors are getting prepared for moving past this stage of their lives, the returning players are looking forward to next season.

Golf 

The golf team’s roster this year included no seniors, so most of their team will be returning next year. The roster included juniors Cole Abercrombie, Shaffer Boles, Jackson Jones, Jordan Powell, and Patrick Snow. Sophomore Andrew Lavinder and freshman Tesla Vargas were also members of the team. Jordan Powell was named to the second team All-Piedmont District. Although they did not place first at any meets, that did not deter them from having fun and gaining experience. Their experience will give them an advantage going into next season.

Volleyball

The Trojans 2022 season was one to be remembered. They finished the season making a deep playoff run. Senior Gracie Rigney was named Piedmont District player of the year and earned a spot on the First Team All-Region. 

Joining her on the first-team was Carlie Marshall. Greenly Elliott also took home Second Team All-Region honors. Fellow Senior Leara Slattery said that her favorite part of the season was “when everyone ran onto the court after we were going to the state tournament.” The varsity team will have seven players returning next year. 

$50
$500