Filling up with Ella Brooks

Top water bottle recommendations

February 17, 2023

When taking a walk through the classrooms of THS, you can find yourself looking around and finding one thing many students have in common: they all carry different water bottles. With all of these options, they raise the question of what option is the best?

There are so many diverse and different variations that walk the halls, and there are many different important features. Is it reusable, inexpensive, environmentally friendly, easily portable, insulated, clear, or filtered?

The water bottle wrapped gives a distinct review on multiple water bottles that are popular with the student body.

1) The basic plastic water bottle

Plastic water bottles are used by many students because they are readily available to the THS population. They are used in the vending machines, in the hallways, by many teachers, and brought to school by many students each day. Plastic bottles are not environmentally friendly, and hundreds of them go into the trash each day. It is also much cheaper to only buy one refillable bottle instead of quickly going through packs. I would rate plastic bottles a 2/10 

2) The Stanley Cup

In the past few months, there has been an uproar over the recent discovery of the Stanley Cup. This cup can come in a few different sizes but has the same slim bottom and wide top shape, so they can fit in a cup holder. With all the different color variations, there is not a clear option. They are on the list of more expensive cups, and the cups’ prices range from $30 to $40. Stanleys have many features such as a large side handle, removable straw, and insulation to keep drinks cold for up to 24 hours. I would rate the stanley cup a 7/10 

3) The Iconic Hydroflask 

When VSCO girls were on the rise in 2019, Hydroflasks were booming in popularity, but what was all the rage? They have many perks including different size options, different tops, general portability, and insulation that keeps drinks cold for up to 24 hours. They have clear options which are great for students. However, they are generally large, expensive, and loud when they hit the floor. I would rate the Hydroflask a 6/10

4) The Cirkul

The Cirkul water bottle is not as popular with students, but it is a great option for someone who does not prefer plain water. The bottle comes with detachable flavor cartridges, so even non-water-drinkers can stay hydrated. There are many different flavor options that range from iced coffee to sweet tea. They come in clear bottles which are perfect for school, and they have many different sizes and colored accessory options. They are easy to carry around, and they fit in a generic sized cup holder. I would rate the Cirkul a 9/10. 

5) Others

There are so many other, less expensive or “dupe” options. Most retailers have replacement options for each of the bottles mentioned above. There are many clear, insulated options that will also fit in the cupholders of a car. Target, Walmart, Marshalls, Ross, and many other retailers carry affordable water bottles without the name brand. These are perfect for a student who is not willing to spend an arm and a leg on a school-only water bottle. I would rate bottles in the other category a 10/10.