‘Roll tide rolling’ with Taylor Grace

Taylor Grace is a senior this year at THS and is one of the five valedictorians. She attends the Piedmont Governor’s school during the morning and has taken a plethora of advanced placement classes online and at Tunstall as well such as APUSH, AP Government, AP Biology, and AP Psychology. 

Lisa Carter, Photography by Lisa

Taylor is a kind and fun loving person that has worked very hard her whole life. She is a Danville native and is very involved with the community. Taylor is a member of the scholastic bowl team, the golf team at THS, and also leader of FCA, Fellowship of Christian Athletes. “I lead devotionals with the club and help set up events.” 

Taylor received a full ride to the University of Alabama through the National Recognition Program due to her high score on the PSAT during her sophomore year. “I chose Alabama because of the scholarship and the campus. I fell in love with the campus when I visited. It is scary in some aspects by being so far away from home, but Alabama is amazing!” Taylor will be majoring in kinesiology at Alabama to become a physical therapist. 

Lisa Carter, Photography by Lisa

John Mills is one of Taylor Grace’s closest friends and attend Governor’s School together as well. “Taylor has a great moral compass. If you’re in an argument or disagreement and need advice, you can always go to her. She’s very good at taking situations and making sense of them. She’s just a great person overall,” said senior John Mills. 

Lena Zaher is also one of Taylor Grace’s closest friends that attends Governor’s School with her. “She is so amazing! She’s a great problem solver. She is also very determined and gets things done!” said senior Lena Zaher. 

Lisa Carter, Photography by Lisa

Mrs. Kirby was one of Taylor’s teachers during her time at THS. “Taylor Grace has a work ethic that puts everyone around her to shame. She asks the most probing questions. Her intelligence and the way she expresses herself is just off the chart,” said science teacher Mrs. Elizabeth Kirby. 

“If I could tell my freshman self something I would tell her work-life balance is still important. Even though I am a perfectionist, it shouldn’t take priority over my mental health and relationships with other people in my life.”