Crashing into the Life of Denver Dalton

As you are roaming the halls of THS, you will notice that there are some people that always have a smile on their face. This person is always so cheerful, it is almost hard for it not to rub off on you. They are super outgoing and always willing to go the extra mile to make you happy. One of those people is Denver Dalton. 

Dalton is a rising junior at THS. He would consider himself as a very fun person to be around. “I hope that people think that I am a fun person that people want to be around. I would like to say that I am an outgoing person. I don’t know if other people think that I am funny, but I do laugh at myself, so in my mind I am a very funny person,” says Dalton. 

Dalton loves to perform theater. He recently performed To Kill a Mockingbird with Smokestack Theatre Company.  Dalton has had to take a mental break from performing because he was in a wreck just a few weeks ago. “I was less than four minutes away from home. I just took a turn too fast and my car flipped over. I was playing the song “Almost There from the Princess and the Frog soundtrack. I found that to be very ironic, considering that I really was almost there.”

Some other favorite hobbies of his are playing video games and singing karaoke. “I LOVE to sing karaoke. If I could do karaoke every day, I would. I also like to play video games when I have freetime,” says Dalton.

Denver is an active member in Beta. He recently won Champion for the vocalist category at the Beta Convention. “The song I sang for states was “Don’t Rain on My Parade,” but I am hoping to sing a new one for the National Convention,” says Dalton. This summer he plans to go to Louisville for the National Beta Convention.

Dalton is also president of the sophomore class. “I haven’t really gotten to do much during my term this year because it is hard to make ideas come to life as an underclassmen. Next year, I hope that I am renominated, so that I can make my dreams become a reality,” says Dalton.

On the weekends, Dalton enjoys spending time with his friends. He considers Senior Brooke Burke to be one of his closest friends. “Brooke and I have gotten to know each other very well over the past few months. Brooke is the person that I can count on for anything,” says Dalton.

Dalton is an extroverted person, who loves to make others happy. If you see him in the hallways, don’t hesitate to give a wave! 

$50
$500