Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

Coming home to the Trojan field

As the 2023 school year begins there are many things happening but first is homecoming. Two weeks before the homecoming game takes place there is voting for each grade. Freshman winners include Kenley Barbour, Caleb Collins, Gianna Reamy, and Shamus Ryan. Sophomore winners include Connor McCubbins, Cole Payne, Hannah Rigney, and Carolina Wheeler. Junior winners include Sean Fitzgerald, Destiny Flores, Nash Glasscock, and Kernice Smith. Seniors include Parris Atkinson, Carly Calloway, Trenton Coleman, Evan Lewis, Victoria Shelton, Patrick Snow, Sophie Wilson, and Ryan Yancey.  

Students tried to promote themselves the best they could on social media. They created campaigns to make themselves stick out better. Students of THS could only vote for their grade, and there were four winners in total, except seniors. Seniors will try to win the king and queen by going up against three other seniors. 

Homecoming gives an opportunity to students to step out of their comfort zone, and show it’s not about popularity. “I’m surprised I won because I’m not as popular as other freshmen who ran,” Shamus Ryan said. Homecoming proves to students to always give things a try because you never know the outcome.

Students who ran but did not win still have a positive attitude. “The winners are all great people and deserve to have this opportunity… but I will try again next year,” Brennen Phelps stated. Tunstall students will support each other no matter the situation. A variety of the students are surprised they even got the win. “I’m excited mainly because this was my first year running and winning so I feel honored,” Cole Payne expressed. 

Some students at THS have never won before, but there’s others who have won several times. “It feels amazing winning for the third time in a row because everyone has an equal chance each year to win, and I have been nominated each time,” Sean Fitzgerald exclaimed. With the support of their class, they are so honored to walk the field again. “I love representing my class and I am so thankful that I was put on court again this year,” Destiny Flores said.

Seniors who didn’t have a chance at winning for their last year in highschool are most likely disappointed, but they will try again for kings court. “I’m super proud of all the winners, all of them deserve it,” Aubree Moore stated. The winners are super proud of their win and patiently waiting to see who wins king and queen.

“I am very thankful and appreciative for all my friends and the people who voted for me,” Trent Coleman said. Being one of the four winners is very special to the seniors. Because this is their last year walking the field and honoring themselves.

Students are very thankful for this event each year and being able to try and win. We appreciate the staff for always giving us this chance. Support the winners of homecoming at the home game on September 29th, 2023.