Hess takes geometry in 8th grade

Hess takes geometry in 8th grade

Lucas Hess is an 8th grader at Tunstall Middle School. Lucas gets to come to the high school everyday to take geometry. His academics are important to him as well as playing sports.

Lucas takes geometry with Mrs. Shelton. “He’s a good student, he makes straight A’s, I wish everyone was like him,” said Mrs. Shelton. Most 8th graders don’t get to take geometry until they are in high school. He comes to the high school for his first period. At the middle school he misses his first period, which would be math, and his second period, which would be his elective. The reason he is getting to take geometry early is because he has already taken Algebra I at his old school.

Lucas has recently moved here from Roanoke, VA. He went to school at Read Mountain Middle School. Lucas says it was all right moving to a new school. “Everyone here was nice and welcomed me into the new school,” says Hess.

Lucas has moved 6 different times. He’s lived in Roanoke, Client Wood, Wise Cliffton, Forged Forge, Daleville, and now Danville. The reason he has had to move so much is because his dad is in the military.

For fun, Lucas likes to play sports. He plays football, basketball, and soccer. This is his first year playing football and he has played basketball and soccer for about 7 years. Lucas’s favorites are basketball and football.

Lucas is a straight A student. His favorite subject is math. “I don’t know why I’ve just always liked doing it and it comes naturally,” said Lucas.