Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

Jimmy Fallon Insight: Jimmy Felloff?

Picture of the outside of 30 Rockefeller Plaza, the building in which the show is filmed.

In the past weeks, the popular The Tonight Show host Jimmy Fallon has received flak from 16 former and residing employees about how he runs the show behind the scenes. These employees have accused him of creating a hostile work environment that has taken a toll on the mental health of multiple workers.

According to a Rolling Stone article, a number of sources have asserted that Fallon has a history of “outbursts” and frequently lashes out at staff members under pressure, that previous senior staff members of the show bullied and belittled them, and that employees frequently used the guest dressing rooms as “cry rooms” to release their stress. If Jimmy was having one of his “bad days” everyone, especially the showrunners, had to be alert. Nine different showrunners have worked for Fallon since he took over the well-liked program.

Fallon’s representatives at NBC have declined to speak to Rolling Stone about his alleged behavior, but Fallon himself has already apologized to his staff. Fallon said, “I want this show to be fun, inclusive for everyone, funny, it should be the best show, the best people.” Fallon has received support including that of the great comedian Jerry Seinfeld. Seinfeld issued a statement following the publication of a report about him and Fallon arguing on set, calling it foolish that the incident was being portrayed negatively.

Whether Fallon will continue to host The Tonight Show is the main concern on the minds of many people. The show has already been suspended due to the Hollywood writers’ strike, and Fallon has been podcasting with other TV show hosts who share his views to raise money for his staff. Since the show has indeed been renewed through 2026, Fallon is unlikely to leave anytime soon.