Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger’s Highschoolegiate Dictionary: 5th Edition

Madeleine Jones
Cover of “Tunstall’s best selling dictionary” remade for the fifth edition

It has been several years since the last Highschoolegiate Dictionary was published to update readers on urban slang. In the last several years, the dictionary has been ghosted. Slang is used by high school students who slay every day. Slang words change very often and there have been many new ones recently. 

Rizz: (n. or v.) to flirt with or have skill in flirtation. i.e. “You have W rizz”

Slay: (v.) something was good or successful. i.e. “You slayed that”

It’s giving: (verb phrase) something or someone reminds you of or gives off the same vibe as something or someone else. i.e. “It’s giving …”

Flex: (n.) to boast or to brag about something. i.e. “Not to flex but…”

Hype: (v.) short for hyper an exciting or good vibe. i.e. “Get hype”

Cap: (n.) a lie. i.e. “That’s cap”

Ate: (v.) you did so good. i.e. “You ate” “What’s 4+4” 

Extra: (adj.) being dramatic or too much. i.e. “You’re so extra”

Bougie: (adj.) fancy or uppity. i.e. “Ooo you’re bougie”

OOTD: acronym for Outfit Of The Day. i.e. “My OOTD is…”

Whip: (n.) a car. i.e. “Do you like my new whip”

Ghosted: (v.) someone stops talking to you all of a sudden without giving you a reason. i.e. “… ghosted me”

Dawgs/dogs: (n.) feet, used when you can see someone’s feet. i.e. “Oh no your dogs are out”

Situationship: (n.) when your relationship with someone doesn’t have a label. i.e. “My situationship just texted me”

Word/Wurd: (interjection) when something is perceived to be good. i.e. “Oh word”

Now you can go out and use this dictionary to flex on everyone how much slang you know. “[Slang] is fun and casual to use with my friends,” junior Matthew Nosse said. So go and be extra bougie with all your new slang.