Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

Reamey raising the standards

Gianna Reamey is a well loved freshman here at THS. Reamey has a fierce, bright personality that everyone loves to be around. She loves to spend time with her family  and friends. She also loves playing sports. Reamey is on the volleyball and softball team here at THS. She has played softball for eight years and volleyball for four years.

Reamey explains how both of the sports are very different in their own ways, but they have taught her very important life lessons. “Softball definitely

photo sent in by Gianna Reamey

showed me how to be more confident in myself and [it] brings out a lot of happiness in me and has shown me a lot of things about life and determination,” Reamey said.  She also said that volleyball has helped her see how well friendships can come together because of a team, and it has helped build her teamwork and communications skills from working with her partners.

“My biggest supporter is my mom, she has been there through all of it, she takes me everywhere and is always there for me and is my number one hype man to keep me going,” Reamey said. She plans to go to Duke University and hopes to continue participating in sports there, along with  taking classes to begin her career as a physical therapist.

Reamey already participates in camps and training for  sports at Duke University. Reamey is the type of person who never gives up on people easily. She enjoys bringing out the good in others and believing in them to prove themself and giving out second chances. Many people would say she is a special friend to have, simply because of the kind of person she is and the way she cares so much for others around her. Reamey can best be described as kind-hearted, strong driven, and very compassionate. She also is always  determined to meet her goals and has a very promising future ahead of her.

photo of Gianna and her mom sent in by Reamey

One of the biggest accomplishments Reamey says she has made in sports is pushing through no matter how hard things get at times and never giving up on herself because she knows she loves these sports with all her heart. She also explains that her biggest life goal is similar to having the mindset of never giving up on herself or others and always pushing through because she knows God has a plan for her.

Reamey had a very touching statement of advice for her peers and friends around her. “No matter how hard it gets, just know God has a plan for you and he will never give up on you. So you should never give up on yourself and just always trust in him and know that he has you no matter what happens in your life and you can always depend on God to guide you through everything that life throws at you. All you have to do is just keep your faith and trust in him,” Reamey said. 

photo sent in by Reamey

If you’re ever having a bad day or just need a simple laugh to brighten your day, go talk to Reamey and she will always have something to say or do to make you laugh, smile, and make your day go better.