Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

Seniors signing out for the season

Malik Barbour #3

Malik Barbour (#3) plays the positions of wide receiver and defensive back. This is Barbour’s second year playing football for the Trojans. He says the best part about playing in the games is scoring for his team and helping lead the Trojans to a win. His biggest inspiration is his coaches who encourage him to be a better player every day and push him to be the best, and his biggest supporter is his mom who you will always find in the stands cheering on for her son.

“Knowing this is my last game I get to play hits hard to me, and it’s going to hurt knowing it’ll be the end,” Barbour said. He says the best part of his senior season was watching the excitement and energy of his teammates throughout the season.

Trenton Coleman #10

Trenton Coleman (#10) has been playing football now for four years. Coleman says his favorite thing about game days are his pre-game meals he has to help fuel him ready to play. He said his mom is his biggest supporter just as much as she is his inspiration to play hard.

Coleman explained he is sad for his last season to end, but he is excited for the new opportunities he has for him at places such as UNC, where Coleman plans to continue playing football at. His favorite part about his senior season for him is his teammates and friends who he has gotten to play with and build friendships with that he will always remember.

Devyn Connor #80

Devyn Connor (#80) started playing football in high school and this is now his third year playing. Connor’s favorite part about Friday nights is getting to go out with his teammates after the games. He said his biggest supporters are his mom and girlfriend who are always in the stands thrilled to be watching him play.

“It’s sad for the season to come to an end, but I had fun playing and just doing everything with my friends and teammates,” Connor said. The best part of his season was getting off the line and getting to play skill, and as most of us agree the worst part was losing games we should have won.

Curtis Ingram #53

Curtis Ingram (#53) has always had a strong driven passion for football. He has played football for 12 years. It all started in youth league football and he has now played all the way through high school. Ingram says he loves playing underneath the Friday night lights because he gets to tackle people and help his team.

“My biggest inspiration in playing football is my uncle and my biggest supporter has always been my baby brother [player Elijah Ingram #77],” Ingram said. Ingram explains how he’s downhearted about his high school football career ending, but now he has future opportunities in football waiting for him at Averett University. Ingram says the worst part of his season for him was having to miss a lot of games, but the best part about this year for him was the new coaches they gained this season.

Ryan Jones (#24) has played football over half of his life. This is his 10th year playing football. Jones said his biggest inspiration and supporter is himself because he always pushes himself harder to be the best he can. Jones’s worst part of his season was his injury but the best part was all the playing time he got to put in.

“The best part about Friday night games is the adrenaline rush you get once you step on the field,” Jones said. Jones said he was excited for the season to be ending because of the better opportunities he has once leaving high school.

Evan Lewis #71

Evan Lewis (#71) is finishing off his third year of playing football. His favorite part about playing in the games is getting to score with his teammates and working hard for wins. Lewis’s biggest inspiration and supporter is his best friend. Lewis wishes that the season would have lasted longer, but he is ready to continue his sports journey at JMU.

“Some nights it was hard playing without getting any breaks, but I enjoyed playing every game and every minute I spent on the field,” Lewis said.

Bricen Pool #2

Brice Pool (#2) has had a love for his sport for many years. This is his eighth year playing football. Pool’s best part about playing Friday nights is getting to hit somebody and putting up great offense for his team. Pool is a player who everyone knows how dedicated he is to his sport because he always shows it with the hard work and determination he puts into his playing time on the field. Pool said the worst part of his season was getting injured, but the best part of his season was the win the Trojans brought home on the night of homecoming.

Mason Smart (#60) has played football for two years. Smart enjoys being on the field and hearing the excitement of the crowd and his teammates. His biggest supporter is his stepdad, and his biggest inspiration is Curtis Ingram (player #53). Smart says he was sad for the season to come to an end but had fun while he got to play. His best part of his season was just getting to be there with the team and feel the energy come off of eachother.

Carson Smith (#75) decided to play his first year of football during his senior year. Smith’s favorite part about game days is the energy and hype rush that comes with playing. His biggest inspiration and supporter is his stepdad. “I’m sad for the season to end, but it has to happen, and I’m glad I got to play the time I had this season,” Smith said. Smith says he wishes he could have had more play time this season but is thankful for his teammates and friendships he made along the way.

Ryan Yancey #5

Ryan Yancey (#5) has been playing football for five years. “The best part about Friday nights for me is the crowd and energy and just being there and being able to play football,” Yancey said. His biggest supporters are his parents who are always there for him and cheering him on during games. Yancey is emotional for the season to be ending, but he is excited to continue playing his sport at college. The worst part of Yancey’s season was not getting as many wins as they had hoped, but the best part for him was the coaches and new leadership the players got through this season.