Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

The writing and producing world of Jack Antonoff

Jack Antonoff is a well-known songwriter, singer, and music producer, who has grown immensely popular over the last few years. Antonoff’s popularity has increased mostly due to his work as a music producer for other pop artists.

Antonoff has always had an interest in music and playing instruments. When he was in high school he started a punk rock band called Outline, with a group of his friends. Given that it was a high school band it wasn’t that successful, but they did gain enough traction to tour in different states. 

Antonoff’s first official musical group was a band called Steel Train, which was a band from 2002-2013. It was an indie rock group where Jack was the lead singer and also played guitar. The second group was the pop band Fun from 2008-2015, where Jack played a variety of instruments and sang backup vocals. You might know Fun because of their hit song We Are Young, which was extremely popular when it was released in early 2012. Both of these groups disbanded because the members wanted to move on to different paths and musical projects. Jack’s third and final group as of right now is Bleachers, where he sings lead vocals and plays many different instruments such as guitar, keyboards, drums, etc. Bleachers is still an active band that continues to tour and release albums. 

Antonoff is also known for being a record producer for popular artists such as Taylor Swift, Lana Del Rey, The 1975, Lorde, St. Vincent, Florence + The Machine, and many more. He produces for a variety of different genres, such as pop, alternative rock, and indie. Antonoff and Swift have collaborated on her past six albums. Antonoff has produced and written with Swift on every album she has released since 2014. This has led to their close friendship. Swift says Antonoff is one of her best friends in the world and is honored to have collaborated with him on her music for many years. Antonoff admires how talented Swift is and loves how well they work together. 

Antonoff has been nominated for the Grammy Award for Producer of the Year, Non Classical from the years 2020-2023. He won the award in 2022 and 2023. Recently, Antonoff was nominated once again for Producer of the Year, Non Classical this year due to his work as a songwriter and producer on Lana Del Rey and Taylor Swift’s most recent albums. In August, Antonoff married actress Margaret Qualley with many of his fellow collaborators in attendance at the wedding.

Antonoff’s most recent work consists of Bleachers releasing a song titled “Modern Girl” and his work producing on 1989 (Taylor’s Version). He recently announced a new Bleachers album titled “bleachers” which releases on Mar. 8. Antonoff has left a great impact on the indie/alternative rock music scene as well as being a successful record producer for well-known pop artists. His impact on the music world will continue to grow for as long as he keeps making and producing music.