Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

They keep the class cackling

Exploring some of the funniest students at Tunstall
Sophomore+Cole+Payne+posing+with+a+trash+can.+
Makenzie Miller
Sophomore Cole Payne posing with a trash can.

We all have that one class that at times can feel a bit like a comedy show. There is that one student making the entire class laugh so hard their stomachs hurt. There is absolutely no down time in those classes because as soon as you are done with your work, you are laughing at something the comedian of the class has said. 

Freshman Micheal Dong waving to his fans. (Makenzie Miller)

Freshman Micheal Dong loves making people laugh every day. Oftentimes, Dong does not even have to try because he is just so naturally funny. He has so many signature lines and phrases that crack everyone up. He says “howdy” in a funny voice, which always gets everyone going. When maybe someone doesn’t understand something or someone gets a bad grade, Dong says, “I could never.” This really gets the class laughing because Dong is so blunt with the things he says. You can always find him in the hallways and it is almost a guarantee that everyone around him will be laughing.

Sophomore Cole Payne keeps all of his friends and teachers laughing all day, and they love it. Payne swears that he was born this way, and this is just simply who he is and there is no changing that. Many of his teachers have inside jokes with him. English teachers Ms. McGuire and Ms. Bowker are two of those teachers. These teachers say that Payne would come by their rooms and say “root beer” at random. This may not seem like a very complex joke, but it was always very funny to anyone who was in on this inside joke.

Junior Chloe Simmons posing on the stairway. (Makenzie Miller)

You will never not be laughing when you are in class with junior Chloe Simmons. Everyone at Tunstall knows of Chloe’s clever humor, and she loves to express it when she is given the opportunity in class. Simmons enjoys making people laugh because it allows herself and others to loosen up during a challenging school day. “When I eat up my math test, I be like ‘don’t play’ because it’s like saying period,” Simmons said. “Don’t play” is one of her most popular catchphrases since it often applies to her everyday life. Chloe loves all of her teachers, but she feels like Mrs. Nester and Mr. Tittiris love her jokes in class and often find them feeding into the conversations. 

Denver Dalton showing off some mysterious. (makenzie)

Junior Denver Dalton loves to make jokes that send the class into a laughing fit. “I just enjoy making people happy,” Dalton said. He is a very positive person with some of the funniest jokes around. Denver has made many friends because of his ability to make people laugh. He has numerous inside jokes with all different people. You will always hear Denver’s classmates talking about how funny he is and how they just hope that he is in their classes each year. Denver makes people feel included at school so easily with his humor. He lets them in on jokes, makes them laugh, and never fails to make sure they are amused.

These students are definitely a highlight of most students’ days at school. These light hearted jokes can go a long way for people in classes. Some simple jokes in class may make students that feel like they are on the “outside looking in” feel more included in class conversations and activities. Having this kind of energy in the classroom helps students stay focused in class and we are so grateful for having a few of these gems at THS.