Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

Packing the Paris and London essentials

As the EF tour to London and Paris is getting closer it is important that the people attending start getting what they need for the trip. There are quite a few necessities for the trip such as luggage, chargers, shoes, and more.

The most important thing for traveling is luggage, and this is complicated because you won’t be able to check a bag on the way to Europe without being 20 or older and having to pay an extra fee. It is also important that we pack light to be able to meet these guidelines. Packing cubes can be very useful in packing everything you need, while maintaining a good amount. Having a small suitcase is very important to meet these guidelines. We will also be able to have a personal carry on backpack. It is recommended that we pack a duffel bag for souvenirs that we can check on the way back.

It is very important that travelers pack nice, comfortable shoes to wear because we will be doing a lot of walking. The Brick in downtown Danville is a great place to get comfortable shoes for running and walking. A few popular brands are Brooks, Hokas, and On Clouds. These shoes can all be found on Amazon or their website.

One important thing to pack is portable chargers and power converters so we can charge our phones and other devices. England and France each have different outlets. For London we need type G converters, and for Paris we need type C converters

Another thing we need are purses or small bags that can hold our passports, money, and phones close to our body to carry around the cities. A small purse or bag similar to a Lululemon belt bag would work great for this. A small crossbody purse will also work great.

Since minimalism is necessary for this trip, hygiene products should also be kept at a small travel size. For an airplane they have to be 3.4 ounces or smaller per bottle. You can either buy containers for your shampoo and other products and fill them up with what you have at home or buy the small travel sized products available at the store or on Amazon. 

It has been suggested that we bring 2 washcloths for travel, one for each location because the hotel does not provide them. However, the hotel does provide towels, so we don’t need to bring our own. It has also been suggested that we bring 2 loofahs and use one at each location.

Having a reusable water bottle that doesn’t have an exterior straw and is lightweight is very important. A water bottle will be very useful each day while walking around in the heat. A few good brands for water bottles are Owala, Contigo, Camelbak, and Ello. These can be found on Amazon, the brand’s website, or in the store.

It is important to have a poncho just in case it is raining while in the cities. You should either have a few plastic ponchos or one that can be reused.