Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

Getting to know New York

New York City is the most popular city in the United States and is located in the state of New York. There are many places that you can see there that range from educational to just a great view of the city. Throughout NYC, there are skyscrapers lining the streets that are museums, libraries, apartments, theaters, tourist attractions, and more.

New York shown from The Empire State Building.

When going to NYC, the food should be the first thing you plan. They have many restaurants that can range from cheap to expensive. Sophomore Makenzie Miller has been to New York several times and knows her way around it. Gallaghers Steakhouse is one of the most well-known restaurants and is Miller’s top favorite. If you want pizza, there are options for cheap and expensive pizza around the city. “NYC pizza is to die for, and I prefer the cheap one dollar pizza joints that can be found everywhere,” Miller said.

The Radio City Music Hall.

The Radio City Rockettes is a dance company that performs in New York City. The Rockettes are best known for their spectacular eye-level line kicks. They put on a spectacular show located at the Radio City Music Hall. The shows are unique and can include 3D glasses, electronic fairies, and even a live nativity scene.

A small version of The Empire State Building.

The Empire State Building is a 102-story landmark that is in NYC. Throughout the floors, the building’s history is spread across the rooms and walls. One of the options to visit is the 86th floor, which has windows and a balcony to see the city. The highest floor you can go to is the 102nd floor and has an observation deck showing the city at a higher view.

The New York City public library.

There are a handful of public libraries in the city that hold many diverse books you can read. The libraries have different floors of all the books you can imagine. The most popular library is the New York Public Library or the 42nd Street Library. It opened in 1911 and has been thriving ever since.

Times square on a Saturday night.

Times Square is an intersection in NYC and a major tourist destination. It offers a wide range of things you can do and even walking through the street is very enjoyable. There are big screens on the buildings that broadcast all types of commercials and entertainment. Times Square  is usually the most crowded place that is in NYC.

“NYC is the best place ever and I think that everyone should visit there at least once in their lifetime,” Miller said. The next time you get an opportunity to go visit NYC, take it and enjoy it!