Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

Trojans hooping into a new record

On November 27th, the boys basketball team took home a major win to open the season. The final score was 116-47. The Trojan family and friends were ecstatic to start off the season with such a victory.

THS basketball game’s have been described by many fans as a college basketball experience. Home games played by the Trojans are well known as “ the Colosseum experience”. The players on this team have a strong bond with each other and use it to work together on and off the court. 

Coach Morrison has been the head coach of varsity for three years. Since then, the basketball program has quickly grown and developed. Many love to watch his coaching throughout the game. They are always in awe of how much effort and dedication he puts into the game as well as all of his players.

The first quarter started off with players Kobe Morrison(sophomore ), Zay Cobbs(junior), Jaylin Edmonds(senior, Corey Zelinski(junior), and Jamarcus Brown(senior). These players have named themselves “the fab 5”. These players showed great work in the game.

Jamarcus Brown scored 34 points, 6 reb, and 4 ast. Brown said the best way to get himself hyped up and ready for games is listening to NBA YoungBoy. The best part of basketball for him is dunking and hearing the excitement and energy from the crowd when they go wild over it.

Jaylin Edmonds scored 17 points, 8 ast, and 4 stl. Edmonds said the best part of this game was being able to play with his teammates and beating the school’s high score. 

Zay Cobbs scored 23 points during the game. Cobbs said playing basketball makes him happy and he loves being able to play with his teammates. Cobb’s most important part of game day is eating good and listening to his favorite music to get him fueled for the game.

These boys and fans have great hopes that THS will make it all the way to the state championships this year. THS is currently ranked 4th in the state for their division.

Make sure to come and watch a once in a lifetime kind of experience game as the Trojans continue to go undefeated for the season!

View Comments (1)
$50
$500

Your donation will support the student journalists of Tunstall High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.