Tunstall mom opens the Caring Closet for prom

Spring has arrived and many students are thinking about the upcoming prom.  According to a survey by USA Today, the cost for prom night ranges from $400 to $1,078. This cost includes the dress, alternations, shoes, purse, hair, nails, makeup, tux, flowers, dinner and transportation.  For many high school students, prom night is one of the most important events in their lives, and parents go all out to make their dream night perfect.

Tunstall High school mom, Kim Cassada, is involved with the local Boys and Girls Club of America and realized cost prohibits some youth from attending the prom.  Cassada has been taking donations of prom dresses, shoes, accessories, tuxes, and monetary gifts from the local Danville community for the past several months and will be opening the Caring Closet next week.  “The Caring Closet is available for single moms and dads or for those in a tough financial situation,” says Cassada.    A one on one private appointment to view dresses and tuxes can be made by contacting Cassada at 434.489.2590.

Donations are still needed and items can be dropped off at Riverside Cleaners, next to Subway restaurant, or by contacting Cassada at the above number.  Many local businesses have donated their services, time and money to make the Caring Closet a reality. “Clean out your closets to make this year’s prom a memorable experience for all our local students and spread the word to those in need” were Cassada’s final thoughts.