Learning about Louhoff

Learning about Louhoff

Stephen Adam Louhoff is one of the school’s newest teachers. He was born in Danville, and raised in Dry Fork. He graduated from Tunstall in 2004, went to DCC in 2006, attended Averett University in 2008, and finally attended the University of Phoenix in 2011. Louhoff majored in Liberal studies including history, sociology, and education at Averett.

He received his master’s degree in education, specifically special education.

Louhoff states, “I enjoy helping people. I always knew that I wanted to do something that had an impact on others.”

This is not his first year teaching; he taught at Chatham Elementary in 2009. Louhoff graduated from Averett in the middle of the year, so there were no positions available. “I started subbing at Tunstall in Mrs. Rayfield’s class. She was out for a while and I was in her class for about two weeks. There were some students in there that I helped and I felt like I made a difference.”

That’s what inspired him to major in his field. Louhoff also said that the pros of being a teacher are helping students and young adults. He likes to help the students reach their full potential.

Louhoff loves the time off he gets to spend with his friends and family. Louhoff said since he grew up in this area and went to Tunstall; he knew this is where he wanted to be. “I enjoy the school, students, and the area.”

He said that to him, Tunstall is the best school in the county. “We have teachers that care about each other and care about the students. We have a great administration and I enjoy being here.”

Other than teaching at his current job, he taught at Chatham Elementary, was a management trainee, and he currently owns Between the Lines Driver’s Education LLC.