Ms. Deanna Edmonds

Ms. Deanna Edmonds is new to the staff at Tunstall High School. She teaches agriculture and this is her first year teaching. “I enjoy teaching the students my biggest passion and watching them grow and learn about their surroundings, where their food comes from and the importance of agriculture,” says Edmonds.

Ms. Edmonds studied at Ferrum College, where she received her Bachelor’s Degree in agriculture. She also studied at the University of Georgia, where she got her Master’s Degree in Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communication.

Edmonds decided to come to Tunstall so she could teach Agriculture. Her favorite part of working at Tunstall is the students. Ms. Edmonds says the most challenging part of her first year teaching was adapting to the area and to the school. “I’m used to much smaller schools and much smaller programs, so adjusting to the school climate was most challenging,” said Edmonds.

Her goals at Tunstall are to teach students more about agriculture and the Future Farmer’s of America organization. Ms. Edmonds is the co-advisor for FFA. It is a student led organization. “I’m here to help guide them and give advice to help them throughout the year to help the program grow,” says Edmonds. She also helps students train for competitions and guides students to opportunities that will help shape their future.

Outside of teaching Ms. Edmonds enjoys spending time with her family and her puppy. She also enjoys doing any outside activity. Ms. Edmonds says her and her family are very close.

$50
$500