Ms. Mandy Brown

Ms. Brown, of room E102, and A116, and E100, and E104, and E103, is a first year teacher here at Tunstall. Many may not know that Ms. Brown herself graduated with “Tunstall” written on her diploma, only later to have it written across her faculty name tag. Ms. Brown says that her going to Tunstall played a role in her return as a tenth grade biology teacher and an eleventh and twelfth grade environmental science teacher.

Ms. Brown has a family history of educators with many teachers in her family; one of them being her very own mother who works just down the hill at Tunstall Middle School as an agriculture teacher. This may have been a slight influence on her chosen profession as well.

When asked what her favorite part about working at Tunstall was, Ms. Brown answered, “The students and faculty.” She continued to say that the students are her favorite part because being from this area she knows and sees some of her students outside of school, which makes her feel as if she has a stronger bond with her class. The faculty is also a favorite part because they never fail to be friendly or helpful.

Ms. Brown has set a goal for her first year of teaching.  “I hope to teach students not just the material, but also how to research information and learn how to think for themselves and how to think critically about issues.”

Ms. Brown received her position at Tunstall after training from Longwood University. In college she completed her education with a major in biology and a minor in earth science.

When Ms. Brown is not at the school teaching or with her family, she spends a lot of time at her family owned horse stable. There she gives horse back riding lessons to whoever wants to learn: a natural educator.

$50
$500