Anna Brooks

Senior Jarret Stowe proudly wears a Princeton University t-shirt, where he will be attending in the fall.

From a Tunstall Trojan to a Princeton Tiger

March 3, 2016

Ivy League is an unreachable goal for most seniors in high school,  a faraway dream for the envious average student with fingers crossed for a nice state university. But with a 4.66 GPA, 2090 composite SAT score, and a co-valedictorian status, senior Jarret Stowe has the foundation for greatness.

However, straight A’s are not all it takes to be accepted. Jarret has a lot of extracurricular activities he manages, for example: being a member of the Math SCAEL team, the Science Bowl team, the ACE team, Interact, Beta, SCA, and in the majority of the clubs he holds leadership positions.

Jarret also attends the Piedmont Governor’s School for Mathematics, Science, and Technology, and every senior at this school is required to conduct a two semester long research project. Jarret’s project involves him shadowing Dr. Scott Lowman in his research that involves tobacco inoculation to find out if tobacco can be used as a biofuel. This internship is one more credential to add to the long list of qualifications Jarret has.

One of Jarret’s most noticeable traits is his deep, southern accent. He claims that he is not nervous about moving farther north with his accent, he says it will be a “completely new experience in a completely new area,” and new is right. Although Jarret plans to spend years or his future in New Jersey, he has never visited Princeton or New Jersey before. This causes him to feel a bit apprehensive, but he will be staying on campus for one night in April.

Stowe’s family is very excited for him and what his future holds. “My whole family has influenced me just as a person,” states Stowe.

Stowe is also a member of the Tunstall Bass Fishing Team. “Fishing and hunting are my two favorite activities outside of school,” claims Stowe. He enjoys hunting, bass and salt water fishing, and livestock judging at Virginia Tech.

In the future, Stowe hopes to open up his own firm or corporation or work as a manager of a big bank. He plans to move away for a while but sees himself returning to the area.

$50
$500