Drama serves up comedy

The+2016+Drama+cast+begins+to+bow+for+their+curtain+call.+

The 2016 Drama cast begins to bow for their curtain call.

Tunstall presented the opening night of their interpretation of the play, The Servant of Two Masters, by Carlo Goldoni on Thursday, May 5. Previously, the cast had rehearsed for weeks and spent long hours memorizing, blocking, improvising, and finalizing each aspect of the show. After everything had come together, the students mustered up all of their energy and creativity to do the impossible: entertain their peers. With their nerves multiplying and throats drying, each cast member found that their own remedy was just being brave and taking the stage. At seven the red curtain opened and the eleven drama students took the stage for the production to begin. In total, the show ran for about 2 hours.

The lighthearted comedy takes place in Venice, Italy. Signora Beatrice Rasponi goes on a quest (disguised as her dead brother) to follow and find her true love and to inherit the money owed to her late brother from his business partner, Signor Pantalone. Along the way she picks up a servant, Truffaldino, who mischievously decides he’s going to serve two masters to make more money and get double the meals. Little does he know the other master that he chooses is Florindo Aretusi, Beatrice’s true love. Truffaldino must then find a way to keep each master from finding out about the other one while also fulfilling the requests that each of them ask of him. Truffaldino gets himself (and everyone else) into several mixed up and confusing scenarios which domino into dramatic and almost fatal events and finds love along the way.

The venetian set was built by Mr. Bandy and his Manufacturing students, while the inn was painted by senior Amanda Taylor with assistance from Director Kristen Williams. The dates of the play were May 5, 6, and 7. All starting at 7:00 pm. The cost was $5 for students and seniors and $7 general admission.