Mr.+McGregor

Mr. McGregor

Mr. Michael McGregor

One of the new faces at school this year is one of the 9-12 Special Education teachers, Mr. McGregor. He graduated from Tunstall in 2003 and continued his education at Averett University where he received a Bachelor’s of Science is Athletic Training, a minor in coaching, and a Master’s of Education in Physical Education, Curriculum and Instruction, and Special Education.

Along with being a new teacher here, Mr. McGregor is also the new golf team coach. With three returning players, Mr. McGregor was quick to find out where the team currently stands and where they wanted to be.

“We are now in the process of working towards the goals we have set,” says McGregor. Being a former Tunstall athlete is what intrigues Mr. McGregor to be a coach here.

Mr. McGregor said, “Tunstall High School sports had a positive impact on my life. I would like to help provide opportunities for our youth to receive the same positive impact.”

Although this is his first year coaching a golf team, Mr. McGregor has helped coach numerous baseball teams including the George Washington High School team, Danville Community College team, and Post 325 team.

When Mr. McGregor attended Tunstall he was a member of the varsity baseball team and was offered a scholarship to attend a Division I college to play.

“After looking at my high school GPA I was told that my grades were not high enough to even be allowed in a Division I program. After that disappointment I realized how important education was. I have made almost straight A’s on everything I have done education wise since then.”

With a drive to better our students both academically and physically, we welcome Mr. McGregor into the Tunstall community.

Trojan Messenger • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to Trojan Messenger
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All Trojan Messenger Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *