Kamryn+Tucker

Kamryn Tucker

Then, one day in class, the teacher is handing out big envelopes and you know exactly what it is, your yearbook photo. You tear it open and look inside and pull the picture out and your bangs are uneven, your hair looks nappy, and your smile looks a little off. Of course I didn’t think this at the time considering I was 6. I thought it was the best picture I’ve ever taken. But, 9 years later, I look back and often question my choices. Why would I choose such an ugly purple dress to wear? Why were my bangs cut unevenly? Why does my smile look creepy? Why does it look like I have no eyelashes? I could not answer those questions even if I tried.

We can’t forget to mention how almost nobody tells you this stuff either. No one is going to tell you that your yearbook photo is awful. That’d break a kid’s heart. So, all these years we think our picture is so good and then you look at it again when you’re older and everybody in your family point out things about it. They act as if they weren’t aware of your appearance when they took you to school that day.

If you couldn’t tell by now, I personally dread picture day. Of course I have to do it but if it was my choice, I probably wouldn’t. It’s either it looks like I have a lazy eye or it looks like I haven’t brushed my hair in 3 days in my picture, so I can’t win for losing. Yearbook photos for me are a complete success, or a complete disaster, there’s no inbetween.

Trojan Messenger • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to Trojan Messenger
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All Trojan Messenger Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *