Believers come together for See You at the Pole

September 28, 2016

Over twenty people gathered around the flagpole in the front of the school on Sept. 28 to pray. This gathering is known as See You at the Pole and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes club hosts it at THS.

See You at the Pole (SYATP) began in 1990 and is a student-initiated and student-led event. It is a day where Christians can take a bold stand for their faith while on school grounds. It is held on every fourth Wednesday of September.

This year, senior Zach Unger led it. He has been participating in SYATP for 5 years.

“It not only strengthens my witness of Christ but, as a follower of Jesus, I was commanded to pray and fellowship with other believers,” Unger said.

Despite the loud buses and noisy traffic, participants managed to pray for different topics including the student body, faculty/staff, law enforcements, state government, and the national government.

Sophomore Sydney Jones prayed for the student body, sophomore Rebecca Clifton for faculty/staff, senior Jonathan Brown for law enforcements, senior Austin Edmunds for the state government, and Jacob Keatts for the national government.

Lastly, Mount Hermon Baptist Church’s youth pastor, Josh Mark, prayed for everyone who showed up for the event.

For many students, this is an important and meaningful day that they look forward to each year.

“My favorite part is that every year people ask why we were around the pole, which gives me an easy opportunity to tell them about my faith in Jesus Christ,” Unger said.

$50
$500