Donica+Hunt

Brooklynn Shore

Donica Hunt

“I started playing football in 9th grade, but I got hurt so I sat out for two years. I came back my junior year and now I’m finishing my senior year playing. I’m a nose tackle. I take on the center and go where the center goes. I try to make tackles and sack the opponent. I’m trying to go to college to play football. I would love to play on Virginia Tech’s or Cincinnati’s football team. My favorite memory was getting my first tackle. We were playing against Dan River last year and I tackled one of the fastest player in the State. I hit him so hard my cleats fell off. My absolute favorite feeling while playing is hearing the crowd cheer for us when we get a tackle or a touchdown. There are times when I want to quit. When I don’t get enough playing time or when we lose a very close game, I get very discouraged. My mom and dad are always there to support me. They are my biggest supporters. They come to all of the games and cheer me up when I’m down. My advice to others playing or wanting to move up in football is to put forth your effort. Just go out there and do the best you can do.”

$50
$500