Not+pictured+is+Seth+Bonar%2C+Jacob+Motley%2C+and+Laura+Scarce.+

Joan Wynne Reynolds

Not pictured is Seth Bonar, Jacob Motley, and Laura Scarce.

New chemists on the block: AP Chemistry course returns

When asked why he loves chemistry, Mr. Tripp Emerson simply said it’s “just easy for him,” so it would only seem fitting that he would offer an AP Chemistry course. This is a class that has not been offered at THS since 2011. With its recent comeback, many eager students signed up and are now enrolled in the course.

Emerson describes AP Chemistry as a “fit for students who plan to further their education in the field of science and the medical field.” It is a college level class and is based on the standards for the AP Exam, which will be taken by students across the country in May.

Last year, Mr. Emerson became a Trojan with the goal of “promoting chemistry and making students better.” In the short amount of time he has been here, he has already achieved these goals by offering a new course and providing students access to the knowledge and experience they will need in the future.

Senior Grey Capazzoli describes her first week in the class like this: “AP Chemistry has been pretty ‘lit,’ but I can’t wait to actually light something on fire. Emerson’s teaching is so easy to understand and he even lets me eat in class. I could not ask for anything better.”

She is not the only one who praises his teaching style. Junior Clay Hardy and senior Jordan Walker, who both want to go into the medical field after high school, say that Emerson makes class fun and enjoyable. They agree that an enjoyable learning environment is what keeps students engaged.

AP Chemistry is serving as a platform to help students reach the goals they have by preparing them for what is to come in college and beyond. Mr. Emerson plans to teach AP Chemistry not just so students can ace a test, but to provide hands-on experiences and opportunities that will allow students to become better problem solvers in all aspects of their lives.

AP Chemistry is equipping THS students to be one step closer to being successful in high demand careers, such as nurses, anesthesiologists, nuclear engineers, surgeons, and, of course, chemists.

Trojan Messenger • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to Trojan Messenger
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All Trojan Messenger Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *