Tunstall yearbook: 50 years in the making

The theme of this year’s yearbook is “Tunstall Rewind: 50 Years in the Making.” It will take the students on a journey back to the beginning.

This year will be the Tunstall’s fiftieth publication of the yearbook, The Iliad. With the theme of “Tunstall Rewind: 50 Years in the Making,” the yearbook truly brings out the history of the school. With many memories and exciting things that have occurred at Tunstall, it will be an interesting experience to compare how much the school has changed in the course of 50 years.

Yearbook adviser, Kristen Williams said, “We are really impressed and proud of what we have done, also we are honored to be able to showcase the history of the school.”

The yearbook staff is a very young and new staff with only three returners from previous years. They are brand new to the whole idea of publications, but they are working towards creating a fantastic yearbook for the students. Senior Taylor White is the yearbook editor and is really excited to get the book completed.

“I am excited to finish the yearbook so that we can distribute it and show off our hard work to other students,” White said.

With all of the snow, the yearbook has had some trouble catching up because all of the equipment is at the school.Despite these delays, the yearbook should be ready to send to the printer by March 14th.

The staff is proud of what they have accomplished this year and believes that there is something in the yearbook for everybody.

The yearbook will feature a weekend page, which is just showcasing what students actually do on the weekends. Whether it is study, hang out with friends, or participate in a job, each student has a different perspective on things to do during the weekend. Also there will be a “Tunstall Trivia” section for students to be able to test their knowledge on the school’s history.

April is the projected time for the yearbooks to come back and be distributed. However, since many schools use the same plant that creates the yearbooks, the projected time may be pushed back to May.

Nearly 400 orders were taken for the yearbook this year, but the staff ordered some additional yearbooks just in case people forgot to order or decided late that they wanted to purchase a yearbook.

With close to 1000 students in the school, Mrs. Williams had a projected goal of selling 700 yearbooks this year.

“We knew that was ambitious, but it helped inspire us to take more orders,” she said.

Be on the lookout near the end of the semester for Tunstall’s 50th anniversary edition of The Iliad.