Seniors celebrate Decision Day with Chick-Fil-A, gift drawings, and a photo booth

On April 26, during fourth period,  seniors gathered in the cafeteria to celebrate Decision Day. National Decision Day is May 1, but THS celebrated it early due to SOL testing.

On this day, seniors could be spotted in the hallways wearing their white (or tie-dye) t-shirts with the name of their colleges or future plans for the fall.

When seniors arrived in the afternoon, they were given the opportunity to enter their names into gift drawings. Before the drawings were held, students could get a variety of snacks, including Chick-Fil-A nuggets.

The other options were decorating shirts, writing thank you letters to people of their choice, or taking pictures at the photo booth.

College adviser Ms. Keri Holt organized the event and enjoyed seeing the seniors’ final decisions.

For the drawings, several students were randomly selected and received items to prepare them for dorm life, such as decorative trashcans, Target gift cards, and cleaning supplies.

The event lasted for approximately 45 minutes before students returned back to class. It was an exciting time as students got to see where their classmates were going to college, what jobs they were pursuing, or if they were going into the service.

“It was the first time in a while that I have seen all my classmates together like this. Everyone was excited about graduation. It was really cool seeing everyone congratulate another,” said senior Lexi Toufas.

“It was nice to be celebrated for finally making it this far,” said senior Paige Mills.