FCA club’s Faith Snead living by faith

“What I love about being an FCA president is that I get to show people my love for Jesus.”

Junior Faith Snead has been a Fellowship of Christian Athletes member for the past two years. This year, she was asked to be one of the FCA presidents.

“It’s fun and inspirational, and you get to be surrounded by people like you,” she said.

Snead joined the club because her older brother had been involved in it when he was in high school.

“I enjoyed knowing that there were other Christians in school besides me,” said Snead.

FCA meets every Tuesday afternoon from 3:30-4p.m.. Each week, a member of the club speaks on a devotional or certain topic that has impacted his or her life. The club also participates in many service projects with Beta, such as the canned food drive and the roadside cleanup.

“I love the fact FCA is student led because it gives students more freedom to be open and honest with each other, which is something you need in a Christian community,” said Snead.

In a public high school, being a Christian can be challenging sometimes.

“Being a Christian as a teenager can be hard as some of my non-Christian friends participate in things I don’t. Benefits to being a Christian as a teenager though is that I know God has my back and has great plans for me,” she said.

Snead said she stays strong in her faith by putting her trust in God and “constantly praying throughout the day.”

While Snead is not leading FCA, she enjoys taking dance classes at the Meredith Gravely School of Dance, spending time at church, and hanging out with her friends and family.

“I love dancing because it’s such a great stress reliever and so much fun,” said Snead.

Although Snead is undecided on what she wants to do after graduation next year, she is relying on her faith that God will reveal His plans for her.