Ja-meriona scores big for college

India Martin

More stories from India Martin

Ja-meriona Valentine-James, a senior at Tunstall High School, is celebrating her many scholarship achievements as she prepares to graduate. Ja-meriona has been awarded several scholarships for her academic achievements.

“I’m so grateful for all the scholarships I’ve received,” Ja-meriona says. “It’s such an honor to be recognized for my hard work and dedication. I’m excited to use these scholarships to further my education and achieve my goals.”

Ja-meriona has been awarded the SOAR Scholarship and the Community Foundation of the Dan River Region Scholarship. She also received The US Marine Corps award and The Science Department award for chemistry student of the year. These scholarships will help Ja-meriona pay for her college education, where she plans to pursue a career as an Actuary.

“Ja-meriona had the highest average in my chemistry class,” Mr. Emerson stated. “She is very hard working, inquisitive, always asking positive questions, and has a determination to learn. I appreciate and look for that in students.”

“I’m excited to continue my education and learn more about finance,” Ja-meriona says. “I’m also looking forward to using my skills and knowledge to make a positive impact in my community.”

“I’ve learned so much from my experiences at Tunstall High School,” Ja-meriona says. “I’ve made lifelong friends and developed skills that will help me succeed in college and beyond.”

Ja-meriona is excited to graduate and start the next chapter of her life. She plans to attend Danville Community College in the fall and continue her academic pursuits.

“I don’t know if anyone has ever made me laugh as much as Jameriona,” Mr. Blair said.”I really enjoyed working with her, she will make a positive impact wherever she goes.”

“I’m excited to see what the future holds,” Ja-meriona says.