Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

Tunstall Cross Country takes on regionals

Ethan Howell running at regionals

With the 2023 Cross Country season coming to an end, THS ran in the regional meet. The race took place in Bristol, Virginia, at Sugar Hollow Park. This was a three mile course hosted by Abingdon High School. The THS team raced on Wednesday Nov. 1, 2023. 

They took a total of 16 boys and girls. There were three races that took place: a girls race, which consisted of seven girls, and then a separate boys race. The last race was an alternate race, which was just in case of an injury. 

Girls team

Cherish Adkins came in first for THS girls with a time of 24:23, Kayleigh Durham 25:53, Avalyn Emerson 25:58, Harper Lovelace 26:12, Kira Thomas 27:33, Madison Walton 28:08, and April Jordan 28:32. The girls team came in eighth place scoring a total of 238 points. 

Boys team

Jackson Snow running at regionals

Jackson Snow came in first for THS boys and ran an 18:46, Edwin Diaz 20:02, Xavier Christian 20:12, Ethan Howell 20:23, Alejandro Balderrama 22:14, Chris Draper 23:21, Nathan Gregory 23:31. The boys team came in 12th place scoring a total of 326 points. 

Thank you to everyone who supported our Trojan Cross Country team this year.