Yearbook: Getting an inside look

Staff continues Domin18

This+is+a+preview+of+the+yearbook+pages+featuring+the+girls+soccer+team.+

This is a preview of the yearbook pages featuring the girls soccer team.

Pages to edit, deadlines to meet, and pictures to be taken: those are the tasks of THS yearbook staff members. They have been hard at work putting the 2017-18 yearbook together.

‘Domin18’ is the theme for this year’s yearbook and the staff is anxiously waiting for the final product to be published. ‘Domin18’ describes the year 2018 and how Trojans are dominating and working hard this school year.

The cost of a yearbook is $50 and the book’s ship date is late April or early May. The yearbook class is completely self funded, meaning they make their profit by students who buy the yearbook and student ads.

“I think everyone is going to enjoy this year’s book. We’ve worked really hard to make sure the book is pleasing for everyone. I think students will love it,” said senior Allie Gentry.

Gentry is the out-of-class editor and she has been on the yearbook staff for two years. Being the out-of-class editor means covering activities that take place outside of the classroom.

Gentry’s favorite topic to work on is senior quotes, which is one of the newest additions to this year’s yearbook. She has been collecting and editing the senior quotes with the focus of making them the proper length.

“Meeting deadlines are a struggle because I have so many pages to edit. When a deadline isn’t met, it goes onto the next deadline and the work just piles up,” she said.

Mrs. Williams is in charge of the yearbook staff and right now, the students are working on fitting quotes and pictures on the pages for the final copy. Yearbook is an year-round class that requires hard work and dedication.

“One of the highlights of this year’s staff is that it’s mostly seniors, but that is also one the challenges,” said Williams.

The staff loves getting to feature fellow students and learning more about them. The yearbook staff gets involved on a daily basis with clubs and events to capture the excitement that takes place around campus.

“Yearbook has been one of my favorite classes because you get to talk to so many people and learn things about them that I didn’t know,”  Gentry said.

The yearbook staff is working hard to finish this year’s yearbook and looks forward to distributing them later in the semester.