The Lady Trojans put up a fight to defeat the Bassett Bengals

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sophomore Kinsley Stevens bumps the ball

Sarah Lovern

Sarah Lovern

Sarah Lovern

Sarah Lovern, Carter Mills, and Grace Cassidy

The Lady Trojans defeated the Bassett Bengals at home in a 3-0 set match. Standing strong in the division, the Trojans now have a 12-1 record for this season.

Several aspects contribute to a strong team. The lady Trojans have a unique bond in which helps lead them to victory.

“Our team is strong because of how close we are,”Junior  Sarah-Beth Marlowe said.

Leading off the Trojans were Brooklyn Owen with eight kills, four blocks, and six points; Cathryn Estes with eight kills; Cassidy Scarce with five kills and nine points; Sarah Marlowe with four blocks; and Kinsley Stevens with 26 assists.

The Trojans put up a fight during the first set leading to a win with a 25-22 score.  Ending this set was Brooklyn Owen with a block to gain the winning point.

The Trojans continued to approach their win over the Bengals during the second set with a score of  25-15. Giving Tunstall the victory of this set was the Bengals who hit the ball out of bounds.

The Lady Trojans fought hard throughout the game leading up to a great third set. The third set ended with a 25-20 score in which finalized the victory for the Trojans. Kaylee Scarce gained the winning point with a serve that lead to an ace for the Trojans.

Although they also had to put up a fight, the JV team also got a victory over Basset. Only two sets were played in which the JV Lady Trojans  gained another win.

Next, The Trojans will travel to Magna Vista on Thursday, Oct. 11.