Celebrating FFA Week

Future Farmers of America have the week of February 27 to show the importance of agriculture to the world and their community with multiple service projects, notes to service members, and more. FFA week is a week for members to show awareness of National FFA in future agricultural leaders and to show what an impact FFA has on our country each and everyday.

In THS’s FFA Chapter, each member showed their commitment to FFA week by making posters and hanging them amongst the walls of our halls. On the posters were Ag myths and facts with QR codes to scan to see which ones were true and which ones were false.

Agricultural education became part of the public schooling system in 1917. Today, over 800,000 students partake in agricultural education throughout the 50 states and three U.S. territories.

Agricultural education teaches students about agricultural food and natural resources. Students also take on leadership roles, management skills, communication, and technical skills.

Matthew Frazier was the winner of getting the most right of the agriculture myths and facts. Frazier got a certificate, a prize, and his picture taken for getting the most right out of the week.  

“I used common sense and knowledge to prepare myself for success,” said Frazier. 

A lot of us THS students participated in this learning experience this week and learned more facts about farming and agriculture.