Keeping Students Updated on Club News

Contributed Photo

From left to right: Maggie Thurman, Shana Gauldin, Morgan Crews, Tori Hedman, Savannah Childres, and Kaitlyn Jefferies got to check out new farm equipment at the FFA field trip on Thursday, February 6, 2014.

With the excitement for the day being over, many students do not get to hear new information about clubs each week during the afternoon announcements. For the month of February, many exciting things are taking place in many clubs.

In the FFA, the students just went to the Southern Farm Show where they were able to see the new and upcoming technology. http://www.southernshows.com/sfs/ has more information for the students who were unable to make it on the trip. Also, there is only one more week until Valentine’s Day! FFA is selling carnations for students to buy for their friends or special someone.  A single carnation is one dollar, six are five dollars.

Interact will be having their first meeting of second semester on Thursday, February 13th. Also, come to Mrs. Nester’s room, F109, to sign up for future events. There are sign up sheets on her board for God’s Storehouse and Habitat for Humanity. Please note that students wishing to participate in Habitat must be 16 years or older to sign up.

DECA will be attending the State Competition at Virginia Beach on February 28th through March 2nd. Congratulations and good luck to all that are going!

This month, Beta will be having their semester food drive. The date has not yet been released.

For more information, check back here each month for the latest club news.