Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

Trojan Messenger

Seniors cherishing every moment

The class of 2024 has finally reached our senior year. It has been 12 years since we have been in kindergarten. With 5 years in elementary school, 4 in high school, and 3 in-between, we all have created a ton of memories. 

Good or bad, a lot of different events, experiences, and adventures have taken place. With these activities, we create memories that we can recall. Some can be recalled with ease, some are easily forgotten. Let us see what memories some seniors can recall and reminisce about!

Personally, I can remember doing Jump Rope for Heart in elementary school. What I remember very vividly was my dad leaving work early to attend the event with me. What made it even better was that I ended up winning a giveaway that the school did with a few prizes. I was shocked to win, but being surrounded by my dad and my friends made it so much more exciting. The prize may have been a dollar tree toy, but it meant the world to me. 

A memory I have from high school would be the relationships that I created with a few teachers. Mrs. Dallas and Mrs. Kirby have been huge role models for me and great teachers. I loved the time I spent in their classrooms learning about subjects that I struggled with and them helping me.

Raj Kumar recalled a memory she had in elementary school, “I remember playing on the playground, it was my favorite time of the day.” She states that she enjoyed playing outside and eating her ice cream. “Kids used to argue to be the person to go get the ice cream, so I was excited when I got picked. From high school, I would say lunch time and talking with my friends have been some of my favorite memories.” 

Tristan Bagbey stated, “I enjoyed any type of free time in elementary school such as field day, gym, lunch, playing outside, or playing games inside.” He discussed how these events created memories that he will never forget. Although fun activities did not happen every day, that is what made them so special and exciting.

Kieran Gilbert discussed an elementary school memory, “My favorite time in elementary school was field day.” She enjoyed doing field day since there was no school work to be done on those days. It also marked the school year coming to an end. Gilbert says, “In high school, my favorite memories are all of the friends I have made. I am so thankful for all of them, even the ones I may not talk to as much any more. I am also thankful for the great teachers I have had.”

We have created memories that will last forever with activities that we did not think twice about as children. From playing on the playground to picking out colleges, our lives have flown by right before our eyes.