Danville Golf Club prom determined a success

While there are significant differences in the Danville Golf Club prom of 2014 and the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research prom of past years, the positive feedback outweighs the negative.

Food was a major factor of this year’s prom. “The food was really colorful,” said freshman Taylor Emerson. The three favorite foods by students and faculty were the chicken, meatballs, and cake pops. “I thought the food was delicious. The meatballs were my favorite,” said Mrs. Watson.

Unfortunately, many students were unable to enjoy the food offered at prom because of the filling dinner they ate shortly before arriving. “We went to Outback before, so we didn’t eat but it all looked good,” said junior Matt Pyrtle.

The student body had mixed emotions about this year’s venue. “It was crowded. There needed to be more room,” said Pyrtle. If the prom committee decides on Danville Golf Club for the prom of 2015, students can expect the entire venue to be reserved (bottom and top level), assuring no issues of space.

Other than space, students were very pleased with the outcome of the venue. “I liked the venue better. It was a lot more fancy,” said sophomore Sarah Beth Meyer.

Because everyone attending prom wouldn’t be the first person to bust a move on the dance floor, the transition of the bar into a casino had extremely positive feedback. “I think they chose good teachers for the casino. People who don’t like to dance had something to do,” said Chris Buckner.

Teachers also were given the opportunity to interact with the students at prom through the casino. “Thaxton was rocking it. Go Thaxton,” said junior Payton Loy.

In conclusion of prom, the committee can pat themselves on the back and consider the night a success when food, the casino, and the venue are considered.