Tunstall prom throws it back to the 20’s

Tunstall+High+Schools+2016+prom+invitation+

Tunstall High School’s 2016 prom invitation

Prom invitations were given out on the morning of February 12, 2016 to juniors and seniors. The theme was intended to be based around the Roaring 20’s and “All that Jazz.” The decade full of speakeasies, flappers, big parties, and jazz music. However, because many students have read F. Scott Fitzgerald’s “The Great Gatsby”, student’s minds jump to the theme being The Great Gatsby.

“I love it because I love the Roaring 20’s and the Great Gatsby!” says senior Liz Pineda. This seems to be a popular opinion of many of the juniors and seniors.

“It was an idea that was thrown out and generally accepted because of the growing popularity of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel,” says senior class Secretary Trey Dallas.

“I think it is a pretty cool idea, it is pretty creative,” says senior Sydney Gammon.

“It will be different from last years’ theme,” said senior Rhayne Tucker.

But not everyone was in love with this popular theme.

“Why can’t it be the 90’s? We are 90’s babies,” says Demarcus Wimbush.

“What does it even mean?” says senior Mariah Willhite.

Mrs. Kristin Williams is very excited about the different approaches people will take on the theme, “I personally think it is awesome because there is so much you can do with the color, history, and fashion of that time. Besides, who doesn’t love a Great Gatsby party?”

The prom will be held on April 9, 2016 at the Danville Golf Club. The tickets cost $20 each and will go on sale during all three lunches from February 29 to March 4. Students are allowed to bring non-Tunstall students as a guest but the age limit is 20 years old. Students must also fill out a form to get their non-THS student date approved.

Whether the theme involves an unforgettable decade or a best selling novel, Tunstall’s 2016 prom is guaranteed to be a party. Everyone is excited to party like it is literally 1925.