New features update old website

Tunstall has always had a website, but it has not always been a reliable source. Tunstall High School had received a new principal, and with those changes came an old, but now updated website.

Through faculty and staff meetings held over the summer, Principal Boles heard feedback about the website from not only students and staff, but members of the school community as well. This indicated that there was a need for multiple updates to the website.

“A school website is one of the primary ways that the public searches for information,” said Principal Boles. “A strong website is a vital, as it highlights the happenings in the school and community.”

The Tunstall High School website has several new features such as a constantly updated school calendar as well as Governor’s School calendar, background information on the three principals, faculty, and staff names along with their email addresses, and a picture of the school accompanied by background information.

The website now also has a link to parent portal to check your grades, My School Bucks, to put money on your school lunch account and a link to the piedmontdistrictva.org website under the athletics tab to check game times and scores.

The school’s report card is also posted so members of the Tunstall community can know how well the school is performing compared to state standards.

Principal Boles “hopes that the website will continue to be updated so that it will serve as a resource to the school community.” Principal Boles also believes that making the website easier to navigate will help provide exposure to the programs and activities here at Tunstall High School.