Highlighting Homecoming 2016

Holly+receives+her+crown+from+principal+Brian+Boles.+

Holly receives her crown from principal Brian Boles.

Nothing wraps up Homecoming week like spending Friday night in the bleachers rooting for the varsity football team. Although THS didn’t win, the homecoming game was still memorable not only because of the 54 degree wind chill, but two seniors taking the title of Homecoming King and Queen.

Jake Lee and Holly Satterfield received the crowns after a long pause full of anticipation  before the results were announced.

“I was completely shocked. I am still questioning whether or not I just imagined Mrs. Williams announcing my name. I felt so honored to have been chosen by the people I’ve grown up with to be our 2016 Homecoming Queen. It all felt like a dream,” said Satterfield.

img_4672

At halftime, the score was 29-0 with Martinsville leading the way. The Trojans fell with a final score of 50-0.

“We just have to regroup,” said head coach David Potts. “We need to wash this game out of our minds and get ready for Magna Vista next week.”

The other grades were represented on Homecoming court by two boys and two girls, voted and picked by students.  For the freshman class Peyton Criswell, Hunter Lewis, Madi Belle Barker, and Cassidy Scarce took the field.

The sophomore class included Eli Ashworth, Clay Hardy, Brooke Craddock, and Nia Green.

For upperclassmen, Hunter Scarce, Gage Mills, Sianna Adams, and Tessa Kaesmeyer were picked as the junior class representatives.

The senior class nominated four boys and four girls that had the opportunity to be crowned King and Queen. These students were Luke Buckner, Chandler Eskey, Jake Lee, Ben Donahue, Caroline Meyer, Madison Howell,  Holly Satterfield, and Logan Patterson. The twelfth grade voted on Thursday morning in order to choose the winners.

Although the fun of the past days has drawn to an end, fellow Trojans are still reflecting on the success of it all.

As Satterfield put it, “Tunstall is so full of energy and passion and that’s what makes spirit week, pep rally, and homecoming all so wonderful! The week was so much fun and homecoming night felt magical.”