Saying goodbye to Tunstall High

As they always say, all good things must come to an end. Some THS staff members will be moving on to the next chapter of their lives and closing their chapter at THS at the end of the school year.

Mrs. Heather Ringstaff is a math teacher at THS mainly teaching precalculus. She has been teaching for 28 years, four of them at THS. “I’m very sad to be leaving. This is where I grew up. All of my family is here. However, I am also looking forward to this new phase in my life. I am going to be teaching at Wilson Memorial High School in Waynesboro, Virginia.” 

Mr. Aaron Book is a history teacher at THS mainly teaching government. He has been teaching for 23 years, seven of them at THS. “I am excited for a new opportunity. Being at THS has been a great experience and there is a lot to love about Tunstall. It was just time for a change. I am going to be teaching at William Byrd High School in Roanoke County,” Book said.

Mrs. Denise Dallas is an English teacher at THS, mainly teaching 9th and 11th grade English classes. “I’m sad to be leaving, but I am excited for a new adventure. I will be teaching 8th grade English at Tunstall Middle School,” Dallas said. 

Mrs. Sylvia Cobbs has been the secretary at THS for 14 years. “I have mixed emotions about leaving. I’m sad but happy to know that I am in good health and able to retire and enjoy that time. I will miss everyone and it has been a great 14 years!’ said Cobbs.

Mrs. Linda Rogers has been the attendance clerk at THS for 51 1/2 years. “I have mixed emotions. I’ll miss the students. I enjoy talking to them! I plan to help with my grandson who is four years old. I also would love to do some traveling to see my brothers!” Rogers said. 

Mr. Blair is the college advisor at THS. He has been at THS for the past two years. “Of course I am sad to leave THS. This has been an extremely meaningful experience to work with all the amazing seniors,” Mr. Blair said.

These great people will be missed, but we are thankful for the mark they have left on Tunstall and its students. 

**These were the faculty and staff members that the Trojan Messenger knew about at the time of publication. Good luck to everyone moving on to a new chapter.**